Warning: Version 1 of
libxml-1.8.17: description + notes
libxmlis deprecated. Unless forced to by an application, use
This library lets you manipulate XML files. The libxml home page has on-line documentation and information.
libxml is an XML library provided in the Gnome framework. XML is a standard for building tag-based structured documents/data.
Here are some key points about libxml:
- The internal document repesentation is as close as possible to the DOM interfaces.
- Libxml also has a SAX like interface; the interface is designed to be compatible with Expat.
- Libxml now includes a nearly complete XPath implementation.
- Libxml exports Push and Pull type parser interfaces for both XML and HTML.
- This library is released both under the W3C IPR and the GNU LGPL. Use either at your convenience, basically this should make everybody happy, if not, drop me a mail.
- There are instructions concerning upgrade from libxml-1.x to libxml-2.x
Developers intending to use this distribution for application development should be sure to read the information in FAQ 3.8.
To auto-install this package, go back and click on the respective install icon.